VICE PRESIDENT, LNG TERMINAL OPERATIONS
We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a Vice President, LNG Terminal Operations. Our Client is a Joint Venture Company comprised of multinational energy firms partnering to support the development, financing, construction, and operation of an LNG liquefaction and receiving terminal. This is an operating regasification terminal with significant upcoming modifications and additions to the liquefaction facility.
This executive position is responsible for overseeing the safe and efficient world-class operation and maintenance of the plant to meet customers' delivery and quality requirements and fully comply with regulatory requirements and industry best practices. The successful candidate will manage terminal activities through the direct supervision of Directors and Managers responsible for the engineering, maintenance, operations, process technology, and administration and planning activities of the Plant, and through the indirect supervision of the HSE, external affairs, and HR activities. This position will ensure, through his/her oversight of subordinates, that all Plant operations and practices are performed in a manner consistent with JV policy and practices.
This position will be located in the Southeastern United States.The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop annual operating and capital budgets/plans to meet the production and continuing operating needs of the Plant.
- Ensure the maintenance of the technical integrity and security of the Plant in both the short and long term.
- Develop and maintain management systems, policies and procedures to ensure reliable, safe and consistent operation of the Plant.
- Develop and maintain an HSE management system and an HSE participative and pro-active culture for the Plant.
- Personally take part in internal management audits and visits.
- Establish the performance goals for the operating organization based on the objectives established by the Chief Operations Officer.
- Manage and co-ordinate technical improvements and modifications of the plant as required, and maintain safe, efficient and cost competitive operations.
- Manage the overall relationships between CLNG and the local community, the United States Coast Guard, the FERC, DOT, LADEQ, Corp of Engineers, Pilots, Port Authority and other local, state and federal authorities having jurisdiction over the Plant.
- Develop, establish and direct execution of operating policies to support overall company policies and objectives.
- Advise the management team on key O&M issues.
- Establish operational processes and process improvement.
- Foster skill and competency development among plant staff through adequate HR and training policies.
- Responsible for protecting the integrity of an $8 billion dollar asset, fulfilling customer contracts providing revenue of over $1.5 billion annually, and overseeing an annual operating budget of $300 million.
- Perform other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties)
- At least 15 years of industrial operating experience with at least 2 years of experience operating an LNG Liquefaction facility of similar magnitude and design.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record effectively implementing the functions of a leader.
- Proven success in operations management.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Solid working knowledge of financial management.
- Proven ability to manage an asset producing $1.5 billion in revenue and an annual budget of $300 million.
- Ability to maintain a very high level of HSE performance within the organization.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Strong track record of asset integrity, uptime, and production efficiency.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Consistent track record of displaying integrity, modeling exemplary behavior, developing people, and building teams.
- Experience working in the Southeastern United States and familiarity with the culture of that geographic area is highly desirable.
- Strong understanding of how to influence and enable others and addresses the impact of attitude and action on the company and its participants.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Related Science discipline.
- MBA preferred.
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]