VICE PRESIDENT, POWER
Our Client is recognized as one of the Top 25 largest construction companies in the United States, specializing in complex infrastructure projects including power, transportation, water infrastructure, industrial, alternative delivery, and federal contracting. As a highly regarded industry leader, the company is an award-winning firm in safety, quality, and environmental stewardship and has earned an excellent reputation for ethical business conduct.
The Vice President of Power provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the appropriate operational controls, administrative, reporting procedures, people, and systems are in place to meet the operating requirements of the company and achieve the financial goals of the Operating Group. This position requires an industry recognized leader with proven strategic skills and strong operations management experience to meet projected growth, revenue, and profit figures.
This position will be located in the Midwestern Region of the United States.The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Manage the successful operation of an industry leading power business including responsibility for strategy, growth, and profitability.
- Utilize a strong understanding of the power market and leverage a pre-existing client network to grow the business, with a focus on client satisfaction and repeat business.
- Build strong relationships with the internal team and clients to ensure successful project execution as the primary client interface; this may include being available and on call for client requests.
- Ensure that the Company's safety programs are implemented, and that there is zero tolerance for non-compliance with minimum safety standards; work diligently to create an environment with the ultimate goal of "ZERO" accidents.
- Responsible for all aspects of power work including right of way acquisition, permitting, design, procurement, profit & loss, construction, testing, and commissioning of transmission and distribution projects and EPC Power projects.
- Develop a strategic plan that promotes growth of the business unit and its capabilities which is consistent with the Group and corporate strategic plans and goals.
- Work closely with the Business Development team to lead sales efforts including, but not limited to: sales, recruitment, problem solving, budgeting and planning, and execution of the business development sales processes and mandates.
- Oversee the successful pursuit and management of multiple projects in various geographical areas in the business unit to ensure profitable project completion.
- Support the Project Executives to ensure the collaboration of a range of functions, including the estimating team, estimating processes, and bid reviews for projects assigned by the Vice President to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Develop, train, supervise, and mentor Project Executives, Project Managers, Engineers, Estimators, and Design Build Coordinators for current and future staffing opportunities.
- Develop and build relationships with JV partners, owners, and designers to maximize Project opportunities throughout the geographical area.
- Minimum of 20 years' experience in power delivery work including: right of way acquisition, permitting, design, procurement, profit & loss, construction, and testing and commissioning of transmission and distribution projects and EPC Power projects in multi-state and multi-country.
- Knowledge of construction operations (technology, equipment, methods), procedures, and standards within the EPC Power sector.
- Strong network of power industry contacts and resources to leverage for new business opportunities, partnerships, and staffing.
- Proven ability to develop a strategic plan that promotes growth of the Power business unit and its capabilities.
- Strong track record overseeing the successful pursuit and management of multiple projects and ensuring profitable project completion.
- Extensive experience/knowledge of construction, design, finance, and management.
- National and international (Canada) experience.
- Knowledge of craft employee relations (Union and/or Open Shop), including the collective bargaining process as well as all employee related laws and regulations.
- Excellent communication, organizational, supervisory, and planning skills required.
- Proficiency with all MS Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent decision making/problem solving skills are essential.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively disseminate information.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management (or related discipline).
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]