VICE PRESIDENT & DIRECTOR, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT - DOE
We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a Vice President & Director, Business Development. Our Client is a global leader in full-service, engineering, design, procurement, construction, and maintenance services serving the energy, chemicals, environmental, infrastructure and emergency response industries. This position resides within one of the company's multi-billion dollar operating units providing program and construction management, remediation and restoration, logistics support, operations and maintenance, emergency response and recovery, laboratory services and energy efficiency services to commercial and U.S. federal, state and local government clients.
The successful candidate will oversee all United States Department of Energy (DOE) business development, sales, proposal development, and marketing, with the objective of exceeding current revenue growth by strategically pursuing opportunities that leverage the company's capabilities for the DOE. This position requires an industry-recognized leader with the ability to strategize, develop, and successfully implement key DOE business development initiatives.
The position will be located in Washington, DC.The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Identify and develop business development strategies to capture new business.
- Lead the market penetration of the company's services by attracting new business and growing business within the current client base.
- Lead, conduct and expand sales of services to the DOE sector, primarily targeting the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) with a secondary emphasis on business development within other relevant DOE offices (ie: Office of Nuclear Energy, Office of Environmental Management, Office of Science, etc.).
- Identify and negotiate teaming agreements, joint venture agreements and LLC subsidiaries to better position the firm to win major contract awards.
- Provide analysis of the company's strengths and provide a strategy to capitalize on historical success.
- Work closely with the other executive leaders to identify new market segments to penetrate as well as expanding existing business.
- Present proposals to senior executives and have the fortitude to make "go" and "no go" decisions.
- Oversee hiring, training and management of key personnel within the business development group.
- Lead and motivate sales, marketing and business development.
- Establish sales revenue metrics and collaborate with the sales team to meet quarterly and annual objectives.
- Maintain relationships and personal contacts within the DOE to facilitate growth through collaboration and information gathering.
- Establish annual marketing budgets and prepare for bidding opportunities to meet and exceed stated business metrics.
- 20 plus years of experience in developing Federal business with a minimum of 10 years specifically within the DOE market sector.
- Knowledge and experience with DOE initiatives, particularly with NNSA-related activities.
- Must have solid relationships with key decision making contacts within the NNSA. An additional contact network within other DOE offices (Environmental Management, Science, Nuclear Energy, etc.) is preferred.
- Ability to develop opportunities and position the firm for major contract wins through relationships with client's key stake holders.
- Astute business acumen and sophisticated understanding of business development within the federal sector.
- Must demonstrate a successful track record with the ability to attract new business and transition clients over to the company.
- Must be a high-energy leader with superior business acumen that generates support and enthusiasm in associates.
- Must have visionary skills to ascertain market direction and strategic skills to determine methods of market penetration.
- Business savvy with proven skills to listen to client needs and identify viable, revenue producing, future projects within the federal market.
- Skilled at cultivating and maintaining industry contacts and other new business resources.
- Well-developed understanding of marketing, business development, and targeted sales strategies.
- Team builder/player - well-developed interpersonal skills for team building, implementing management transition, and developing client relationships.
- Excellent negotiation skills and tactics to ensure corporate objectives are achieved.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a team oriented organization that requires collaboration with other business units to accomplish project objectives.
- B.S. in Engineering (or related degree).
- M.B.A. (preferred).
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]