VICE PRESIDENT, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT - FEDERAL
We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a Vice President, Business Development-Federal. Our Client is a leading global engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm. The company delivers design/design-build, program/construction management, and other professional services for federal, regional, and local government agencies as well as to private industrial customers worldwide. It is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, industrial, federal, and construction.
The VP, Business Development will be responsible for developing and implementing Federal sector business development strategy with a focus on Department of Energy (DOE) clients. The successful candidate will lead the business capture team, providing overall business development strategy, risk evaluation assessments, and identification/development of strategic teaming and joint venture opportunities which successfully leverage the company's capabilities within the federal sector. In addition, the successful candidate will develop solutions and proposals with a strong focus on "win strategy" for key contracts. This position requires a visionary and well-connected leader with proven federal sector experience, a strong contact network, a solid understanding of the competition, extensive knowledge of future bidding opportunities, experience with key pursuit strategies, and proven business acumen to effectively develop and successfully implement business development initiatives to drive federal revenue and market growth.
This position will be located in the Washington, DC area (preferred).The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Identify bidding opportunities and lead efforts to win contracts providing engineering and management services in the DOE sector, and provide additional business development support for engineering and construction markets.
- Leverage the company's integrated capabilities to multiple federal agencies including the U.S. Department of Energy and U.S. Department of Defense.
- Develop strategies and implement tactics that will identify and secure new sources of project revenue from major key clients with a specific focus on the DOE sector.
- Lead business strategy planning and discussions with senior Division and Business Unit leadership and provide strategic recommendations for teaming, winning contracts, and investing resources.
- Develop means and methods to participate in projects and secure contracts capitalizing on the company's past project success.
- Present proposals to senior executives and personally develop creative proposal solutions on key pursuits.
- Expand the market penetration of the Company's services in the Federal market by attracting new business as well as expanding services to multiple Federal agencies.
- Identify market competitors with intelligence gathering and provide thorough and comprehensive strengths/weaknesses analyses.
- Work closely with the leadership team to identify new market segments to penetrate as well as expanding the existing business.
- Work with the proposal team by overseeing the proposal process and providing proposal input.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and personal contacts within the DOE, DOD, and other agencies to facilitate growth through collaboration and information gathering.
- 15+ years of DOE related experience with at least three years of experience in Federal sector business development.
- Four-year degree in a related field with certification/participation in related professional associations or networks
- Excellent track record of strategy and growth for engineering, construction, and related services within the defense, environmental, infrastructure, intelligence, and security markets.
- Broad experience across multiple sectors in the federal market, including a robust network of contacts and resources in the DOE sector.
- Driven, results-oriented, and strategically sound with the ability to develop strategy and turn strategies into action plans that result in DOE market capture.
- Results-oriented professional with demonstrated ability to meet growth objectives with a Federal client portfolio.
- Strong relationships with decision makers and acquisition professionals in the Federal market, with a proven ability to develop and maintain strategic customer relationships across multiple Federal sites and installations.
- Experienced team-builder with the ability to organize and build teams around concentrated/focused goals and objectives.
- Strong knowledge of the competition with the ability to identify and communicate competitive advantages.
- Excellent negotiation skills and tactics to ensure corporate objectives are achieved.
- Astute business acumen with a sophisticated understanding of business development, government relations, and intelligence gathering within the Federal market sector.
- High-energy leader who generates support and enthusiasm in associates.
- Must be enthusiastic and passionate about the Federal contracting business and ready to join a highly motivated and strong team.
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]