VICE PRESIDENT, WATER INFRASTRUCTURE
We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a Vice President, Water Infrastructure. Our Client is one of the nation's leading infrastructure contractors. The firm is recognized as one of the top 50 largest construction companies in the United States, specializing in complex infrastructure projects including transportation, water infrastructure, industrial, power, alternative delivery, and federal contracting. As a highly regarded industry leader, the company is an award-winning firm in safety, quality and environmental stewardship and has earned an excellent reputation for ethical business conduct.
This senior executive position will be responsible for growing and expanding the company's national Water Infrastructure business by providing heavy civil construction services to Federal, State/Municipal and Commercial clients in alignment with the strategic objectives of the company. The successful candidate must be an outstanding and industry recognized leader with a unique set of business development, sales strategy and operations management experience to meet projected growth, revenue, and profit figures. A successful executive that meets the objectives of this role can be promoted to SVP of Water with full operational and P&L responsibilities.
This position will be located in the Western Region of the United States.The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Identify and pursue key water markets and major projects requiring heavy civil construction services in water resources and associated facilities to leverage the company's engineering capabilities and provide for profitable growth opportunities.
- Develop and implement a business strategy for the Water Business including the annual and long-term business plans, ensuring that the business strategy is aligned with overall corporate strategic objectives.
- Work closely with the operations organization to recruit, develop, manage, and mentor the operating unit's management team players.
- Develop and implement sales strategies and employ sales tools to proactively develop client relationships that lead to a deep understanding of a client's challenges and opportunities, which may then be translated into revenue producing projects.
- Promote growth by working closely with the operations organization to attract and develop new water related clients in the Federal, State/Municipal, and commercial markets.
- Leverage the corporation's pre-existing business relationships/portfolio to create new opportunities.
- Review operating and business growth results, compare them to established objectives, and ensure appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results.
- Provide broad leadership to the business end market such that growth and profit objective are achieved in a consistent and predictable manner.
- Demonstrate leadership by developing a positive work environment to evoke optimal performance from all the key leaders of the unit.
- Develop a strong client focus within the company that supports the objectives of the water infrastructure end market.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of and commitment to compliance with all laws, regulations, corporate policy, and safety best practices to ensure the best possible outcome in each area.
- Set performance goals which are aggressive, achievable, and meet or exceed long-term goals.
- A minimum of 20 years' experience in the engineering and construction industry with significant (five-plus years) experience specifically within the water resources and related water market sector.
- Strong track record for delivering growth in the water infrastructure market for a large business enterprise.
- Excellent business development and sales strategy development skills focused on the Water Infrastructure market, including public and private sectors.
- Well respected and well known reputation in the water infrastructure market with the ability to leverage a network of contacts that leads to major water projects and growth of the water business.
- Ability to work in a decentralized matrix-based organization that appreciates a collaborative approach rather than a top-down management style.
- Growth-oriented leader with proven ability to develop and execute business strategies and a track record of leading a company or division in growth.
- In-depth knowledge of the water infrastructure market sector with the ability to develop and execute a solid strategy to increase market share.
- Recognized as an industry leader with a strong client-centric focus.
- Must demonstrate a strong record of safety and a commitment to the value of safety measures.
- Demonstrated success in project execution, client relationships, and profitability.
- Must have a personal commitment to organizational excellence, displaying honesty, integrity, and a strong sense of ethics in all decisions and actions.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills with exceptional interpersonal skills at all levels.
- A high-energy leader with the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
- B.S. in Engineering, Construction Management, (or related discipline).
- Professional registration or certification (desired).
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]