SENIOR SUPERINTENDENT, CORPORATE CONSTRUCTION GROUP
We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a Senior Superintendent, Corporate Construction Group. Our Client is a nationally-ranked commercial contractor with proven experience across multiple industries, including retail, hospitality, resort, sports & recreation, manufacturing, warehouse & distribution, education, office, healthcare, industrial, detention, tenant improvement and public facilities. As a proven market leader, the Company is consistently ranked as one of the top general build contractors in the United States with expertise across multiple vertical markets. The Company has earned a strong reputation by creating lasting relationships with employees and customers, understanding and exceeding customer expectations, and entering every opportunity with a spirit of open communication, innovation and integrity.
This position will be located in Utah.The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Study specifications to plan procedures for construction on the basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction, based on knowledge of available tools and equipment and various building methods.
- An unwavering commitment to safety and quality to ensure that industry best practices are exceeded on each assigned task and on every project.
- Interact with the Project Manager to determine the project schedule; develop and utilize "look ahead" schedules to assess progress and spot upcoming issues.
- Implement strong safety programs and monitor strict adherence to applicable safety codes and procedures.
- Coordinate the pre-construction meeting with the Project Manager prior to mobilization.
- Serve as a strong mentor for Superintendent direct reports and groom them for success and future promotion opportunities.
- Direct procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Ensure all parties involved with the project are informed of construction issues and progress: (1) meet with and direct supervisory personnel engaged in planning and execute work procedures, interpret specifications, and coordinate various phases of construction to prevent delays; (2) meet regularly with craft personnel to update them on construction issues and to gather input for solutions; and (3) meet with subcontractors prior to the subcontractor's mobilization to review scope of work and schedule; also, advise subs prior to each phase of work on schedule and phasing requirements.
- Ensure company quality standards and housekeeping requirements are maintained.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- May track and price extra work tickets, change requests and back charges to cover extra expenses.
- Assigned to one or more project worksites.
- Travel by land or air required.
- Fifteen years' experience in commercial construction, including a minimum of seven years within the corporate construction sector.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction processes.
- Strong commitment to safety and the importance of safety policies and procedures.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Ability to travel to and from the project site.
- Ability to understand and apply building codes and other design requirements correctly.
- Ability to read drawings and specification accurately.
- Good understanding and knowledge of subcontractors' scopes of work and tolerances.
- Exhibits confidence in his/her ability and performance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: express ideas clearly and effectively; use proper grammar and syntax.
- Maintain good interpersonal relationships: use tact; be sensitive to the feelings and needs of others.
- Organized: establish priorities and a course of action for handling multiple tasks.
- Plan effectively: establish courses of action for self and for others; allocate resources and assigns personnel; use time efficiently; personally well-organized.
- Professional: display appropriate appearance and professional conduct; make a good impression on others.
- Show initiative: actively try to influence events to achieve goals; self-starter, work well with minimal supervision; strive to achieve goals beyond minimal levels of performance.
- Computer literate with experience using MS Office and related word processing and spreadsheet software applications.
- Ability to operate office equipment, such as fax, copier, and telephone.
- Preference for ability to speak basic Spanish commands, questions, and instructions regarding construction.
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]