SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER, CORPORATE CONSTRUCTION GROUP
We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a Senior Project Manager, Corporate Construction Group. Our Client is a nationally-ranked commercial contractor with proven experience across multiple industries, including retail, hospitality, resort, sports & recreation, manufacturing, warehouse & distribution, education, office, healthcare, industrial, detention, tenant improvement and public facilities. As a proven market leader, the Company is consistently ranked as one of the top general build contractors in the United States with expertise across multiple vertical markets. The Company has earned a strong reputation by creating lasting relationships with employees and customers, understanding and exceeding customer expectations, and entering every opportunity with a spirit of open communication, innovation and integrity.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the overall planning, management, and execution of commercial work for the Corporate Construction Group and may be assigned responsibility for one or more projects at a time. This position requires an experienced commercial construction project leader with the proven ability to effectively manage, develop, and lead a strong project team and ensure quality, safety, profitability, and client satisfaction.
This position will be located in Utah.The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Lead and direct project personnel to ensure client satisfaction and project completion on schedule and within budget.
- Provide overall management and direction for commercial projects, including warehouse & distribution, retail, hospitality & resort, manufacturing, date centers, and corporate office projects.
- Make decisions and provide recommendations to ensure project profitability and timely completion.
- Ensure an unwavering commitment to safety and quality to ensure that industry best practices are exceeded on every assigned task and on every project.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within the boundaries of corporate policy.
- Implement strong safety programs and monitor strict adherence to applicable safety codes and procedures.
- Serve as a strong mentor for Project Manager direct reports and groom them for success and future promotion opportunities.
- Maximize project profitability and promote the Company's objectives and goals.
- Achieve quality and safety standards and meet owner expectations.
- Assist in the preparation of estimates for the project and prepare project budgets and unit cost reports.
- Develop the monthly client pay requests and follow up on collection.
- Control the payment of job costs based on document review and approval and coordinate with the job cost accountant for payments and lien releases.
- Participate in monthly job cost reviews to declare project status.
- Attend and document owner and other coordination meetings.
- Coordinate all final closeout procedures for the project including as-built drawings, close out, letter of substantial completion, and letter of recommendation.
- Interact with Estimating to provide project cost information for the estimating database.
- Direct the project organization and preparation of all project documents for storage.
- Interact effectively with all company departments to ensure company policy and procedures are carried out and corporate objectives are achieved.
- Tactfully maintain relationships with vendors, owners, architects, community and state officials, and the general public.
- Travel required to and from projects in the United States including overnight travel by land and air.
- Minimum of fifteen years' experience in commercial construction, including a minimum of ten years as a Project Manager and five years within the corporate construction sector.
- Proven track record of successful project completion and a history of delivering projects on schedule and within budget.
- Strong commitment to safety and the importance of safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to develop and apply effective management techniques to maximize team performance.
- Thorough understanding of construction practices, processes, standards, and their impact on project activities.
- In-depth knowledge of commercial construction processes.
- Strong understanding of estimating concepts to the level required to verify bids, understand market rates, and to process change orders, etc.
- Skilled written skills with proper grammar and syntax when writing.
- Ability to know when and how to delegate. Experience using subordinates effectively.
- Ability to discern customer needs, determine which needs can reasonably be met, and follow through accordingly.
- Know how to present a professional demeanor in dress and speech. Makes a positive impression on customers.
- Computer literate with experience using MS Office and related word processing and spreadsheet software applications.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Business aptitude with the ability to analyze data to identify and solve problems.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and manage processes to achieve challenging goals.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Preference for ability to speak basic Spanish commands, questions, and instructions regarding construction.
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]