SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, OPERATIONS
We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a Senior Vice President, Operations. Our Client is a highly regarded company, with interests in real estate development, commercial real estate, agriculture, and natural materials and infrastructure construction. The company provides paving services to a wide variety of customers, including federal, state and county governments, private developers and other construction firms. The operations also include Hawaii's largest road safety and transportation construction services contractor and Hawaii's only precast/prestressed concrete building materials manufacturer. For more than 75 years, this division has been a driving force in Hawaii's growth and prosperity by constructing and maintaining the roads and highways that have become an integral part of Hawaii's transportation infrastructure.
This position will be located in Hawaii.The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Define, promote, and communicate the company's mission and objectives regarding revenue, profitability, and growth.
- Assess and evaluate the division to implement productivity improvement initiatives across all areas of the operation.
- Develop a strategic plan which implements specific action plans for promoting sales, generating revenue, improving services, and reducing costs.
- Engage the management team in achieving stated goals within designated time periods.
- In collaboration with the management team, identify specific markets and create strategies to achieve market-specific objectives (e.g., sales targets, market penetration, pricing strategy, and identifying new growth markets).
- Direct implementation and allocate resources to result in profitability and organizational improvement.
- Continuously provide leadership for innovation, collaboration, efficiencies and synergies throughout the organization
- Establish and ensure compliance of each operational unit's short-term and long-range goals consistent with overall organization objectives.
- Motivate, mentor, and develop key direct reports (General Managers and Division Managers) to ensure a cohesive operational unit and provide management continuity in each functional area.
- Monitor the success of individual team members to ensure personnel development and strong staff morale.
- Develop an organization chart for succession purposes and identify the attainment of goals as it pertains to education, experience, training and certifications.
- Review monthly activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives.
- Assist with planning, developing and implementing strategies to further the mission of the organization.
- Exhibit a core understanding of mutual respect and good customer service orientation in interactions with all people in the workplace.
- Develop and maintain positive community relations.
- Ensure effective leadership and oversight to inspire high productivity, business growth and profitability, high quality, company pride, and ongoing potential for future success.
- Minimum of 15 years' experience, preferably in the custom signage and related maintenance and safety services/equipment sector within the road construction and/or asphalt industry.
- Extensive knowledge of the local Hawaii market with strong agency contacts and relationships (local contractor license or ability to easily obtain licensure).
- Minimum of 10 years' experience serving in a senior operations function with operations responsibility.
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated profit and loss experience within a company or division.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully oversee and lead all areas of the organization including Fleet Maintenance, Construction, and Sales & Marketing.
- Ability to comprehend business financials, produce budgets, calculate and analyze cost figures, strategize and generate estimates for bidding jobs, etc.
- Superior "people skills" with the ability to manage conflict and encourage consensus through critical thinking and interpersonal management.
- Must be a strong leader who is committed to results and strategically oriented to ensure profitable growth of the business.
- Ability to improve organizational efficiencies, strategy, best practices, and profitability.
- Strong fit with Hawaiian culture demonstrating cultural sensitivity.
- Strong communication skills with a collaborative and proactive approach.
- Demonstrated business savvy, customer orientation, ability to lead change and motivate, and comfortable joining a strong existing organizational culture.
- Proven commitment to continued professional growth and development, and a strong understanding of the need to train and mentor younger professionals.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction, or Business, or relevant experience.
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]