SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, CONSTRUCTION & DEVELOPMENT
We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a Senior Vice President, Construction & Development. Our Client is a publicly held real estate investment trust which develops, acquires, leases and manages properties with the mission to enhance people's lives through extraordinary work environments. As a nationally recognized leader, the company continuously increases the value of its portfolio through expert management, marketing and development.
This position is responsible for overseeing all construction projects. This includes: leading project review, sharing best practices, ensuring that development projects (including ground up, large tenant improvement and redevelopment/repositioning projects) are built as approved, regularly visiting job and competitor sites, participating in the due diligence for land and building acquisitions, serving as a thought leader on sustainable and high performance building construction as well as industry and competitor trends, establishing design guidelines by product type, leading the project management Home Office team, and participating in the recruiting and retention of field Project Managers. This position requires an exceptional construction executive with the ability to ensure the safe and timely completion of all construction projects.
This position will be located in the Northeastern United States.The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Provide day-to-day leadership for the company's construction/project management function in a manner consistent with its culture and values.
- Ensure that short and long-term financial and business objectives are met and exceeded.
- Manage and lead Project Review to ensure that projects are constructed consistent with the company's standards and design guidelines, schedules are adhered to, and any changes in scope are approved. Escalate any concerns to senior management.
- Regularly visit project sites to review progress, provide guidance to Project Managers, share information internally, understand market activity, and ensure that projects are being completed as approved.
- Visit competitor sites when in local markets to identify trends, understand activity, and share information internally.
- Manage the draw process to ensure that contractors are paid accurately and timely, consistent with applicable contracts.
- Develop, establish, and communicate design guidelines by product type working collaboratively with the field. These guidelines will help ensure a consistent duplication of results and look to Liberty's portfolio, where appropriate. Modify these guidelines as tenant needs change and/or new materials, construction techniques and best practices evolve.
- Establish metrics to analyze construction performance. Share analysis and metrics with senior management and make recommendations to senior management based upon analysis.
- Maintain the list of projects in the development pipeline and use this information to forecast cash needs and staffing and to provide color to analyst and investor calls and meetings.
- Participate in land and property acquisition due diligence by traveling to different sites/properties and sharing thoughts with the Acquisitions and Dispositions team.
- Participate in team selling for large tenants and prospects as needed.
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in commercial real estate managing industrial "big box" construction projects, including a minimum of 10 years management experience.
- Prior experience managing metro and suburban multi-tenant office projects is a plus.
- LEED and Green Advantage certifications as appropriate.
- Significant experience in negotiating contracts with vendors and successfully resolving any disputes that may arise.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Highly analytical and strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous priorities with significant experience in developing and successfully executing short- and long-term plans.
- Self-motivated with the ability to operate independently to achieve results and can also work effectively as a member of a team.
- Good judgment and influencing skills.
- Ability to travel out of town approximately 40% - 50% of the time.
- Experience managing people remotely is preferred.
- Ability to communicate regularly in both verbal and written form with all levels of professionals regarding a wide range of real estate matters.
- Experience working and interacting with a Board of Directors.
- Ability to effectively manage highly confidential issues.
- BA/BS degree required. Major in civil engineering, construction management or architecture preferred.
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]