PROJECT DIRECTOR, POWER
We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a Project Director, Power for a major EPC project. Our Client is one of the world's leading engineering, procurement, construction, maintenance, and project management firms. Active across six continents, the Company works with governments and multinational companies to design, build, and maintain many of the world's most complex and challenging projects.
This opportunity resides within our client's Power Division, a multibillion dollar, global business line providing a full range of engineering, construction and maintenance services for power plants using a variety of fuel sources, including coal, gas, oil, nuclear, and wind. The Power Project Director will successfully manage all project activities on major Power EPC Lump Sum Turnkey projects. This position requires a leader with a strong project delivery track record and the proven ability to successfully and safely manage project execution activities on major lump sum, turnkey Power EPC projects.The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Responsible for managing, coordinating and administering major lump sum, turnkey Power EPC projects, including project launch, preconstruction, engineering, procurement, construction, startup, and contract close-out.
- Establish an appropriate, integrated organizational structure, including off-project functional and specialist support. Define and communicate roles, responsibilities and authorities to project team members.
- Assume profit and loss responsibility for complex, large ($750M+) Power EPC projects, both domestic and international.
- Facilitate alignment of the internal Project team and alignment between the Company team and the Client team.
- Ensure scope, design basis, and objectives are defined, best practices/lessons are learned reviewed, and detailed work plans, schedules, budgets and procedures are established and effectively implemented.
- Monitor and control all contractual commitments to ensure that all work is being performed in accordance with the specifications, drawings and terms of the contract, that a change management program is established and implemented, and that change orders and claims are processed in a timely manner.
- Manage the Prime Contract and ensure the Company's obligations, as well as Client's obligations, are met.
- Ensure a zero accident worksite and constantly monitor all project related activities to ensure an exceptional safety record.
- Minimum of 20 years EPC experience with at least 10 years serving as Project Manager or Project Director on major lump sum, turnkey Power EPC projects.
- Solid track record with all aspects of project management, including troubleshooting, project controls, contractual and commercial practices, and successful lump sum, turnkey EPC execution.
- Proven experience with profit and loss responsibility for complex, large Power EPC projects, with the ability to manage $750M+ Power EPC projects on a domestic and international basis.
- Effective leadership skills and experience managing multiple Project Managers.
- A strong record of safety, a commitment to the value of safety measures, and a strong track record all safety best practices.
- Experience working as an interface among engineering, procurement, controls, material, and all other relevant disciplines.
- Experience with management of resource planning (personnel and equipment loading), constructability reviews, and proposal recommendations.
- Proven ability to work with both internal and external clients to develop project and market specific lump sum, turnkey EPC execution plans which meet customer goals.
- A high-energy leader with the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
- Results-oriented professional with the ability to develop effective strategies, set target goals, and execute plans to meet financial and organization objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Construction Management (or related discipline).
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]