We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a HSE Director. Our Client is one of the world's largest publicly traded engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction, maintenance, and project management companies. The Company works with governments and clients in diverse industries around the world to design, construct, and maintain complex and challenging capital projects. Clients rely on the Company to deliver world class solutions that optimize their assets, improve their competitive position, and increase their long-term success. As a highly regarded industry leader in the Global Power EPC industry, the Company serves all aspects of the power market including Nuclear, Fossil, Hydroelectric and Renewables. The Company is consistently rated as one of the world's safest and most ethical contractors and continuously strives to be the world leader in HSE program development, implementation and management on all projects.The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Responsible for leading and directing the Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) function and leading the HSE team on a large scale complex Nuclear Construction project.
- Create and sustain a Nuclear Construction Safety Culture and Industrial Safety Culture that provides a safe work environment and minimizes all HSE related issues, including prevention of human injury, environmental degradation, and unsafe working conditions/practices.
- Maintain, streamline, improve, and sustain a fresh approach to safety to combat complacency and carelessness.
- Manage and train subordinates on HSE activities for Total Installed Cost (TIC) large-scale projects or multi-projects.
- Calculate and control of HSE budgets, staffing requirements and schedules.
- Prepare and administer programs of certification/classification and all required supporting HSE documents; coordinate and inspect safety cases and support studies; Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRA); Process Hazard Analyses (PHA); Fire Protection Specifications (FPS) and Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) as required by certification or regulatory entities.
- Provide expert advice and resolution to HSE related issues/disputes.
- Strong leader with 20+ years of experience directly related to HSE on large scale nuclear power or industrial EPC projects.
- Proven track record for ensuring the safety and health of all personnel and the environment.
- Experience working on large-scale, multi-million/billion dollar, complex nuclear projects.
- Strong familiarity with NRC regulations and Nuclear HSE directives.
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include, but are not limited to: management, coworkers, field personnel, clients, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders.
- Strong business acumen with a unique blend of technical construction safety skills and very strong interpersonal and leadership skills to create a best in class HSE culture and the elimination of HSE concerns.
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines.
- Advanced computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the advanced use of spreadsheets and electronic presentations.
- Skills demonstrating the capability to run a large project or multi-project site.
- Proven ability with leadership skills including mediation skills.
- Demonstrated high critical thinking/reasoning ability to ensure an effective HSE program that eliminates all issues, while at the same time enabling the timely completion of all EPC activities that contribute to the success of the overall project.
- Effective presentation skills including public speaking and comfortable communicating with senior Company executives as well as client executives and regulators.
- Expert organizational skills.
- A valid driver's license is required.
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]