GENERAL MANAGER, GLOBAL PROJECTS
We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a General Manager, Global Projects. Our Client is a global Fortune 100 infrastructure and financial services company. The products and services of the Company range from aircraft engines, power generation, oil and gas production equipment, and household appliances to medical imaging, business and consumer financing and industrial products.
This position is accountable for leading functional and operational objectives in the domain of global, combined cycle gas power systems projects (ranging from equipment to full EPC turn-key scopes) and high-risk project execution for a $10B Gas Power Systems (GPS) business. This role requires a very strong leader with a well-developed global mindset and excellent inclusiveness and collaboration skills. Effective communication and influencing skills in a matrix environment are a must. Similarly, he/she must have demonstrated success in ownership, performing with a sense of urgency, customer focused responsiveness, as well as the demonstrated ability to positively engage, empower and motivate a diverse, global workforce.
This position will be located in Europe.The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives with successful project execution and customer first mindset.
- Build and maintain a true partnership with business leaders and Project Directors to integrate a consistent and effective approach to complex projects setup, execution, and issue resolution; enhance customer experience and drive productivity.
- Simplify, strengthen and further develop project management and performance processes that meet business needs across all business organizations while effectively helping secure resources to manage and mitigate risks appropriately.
- Manage, in a matrix environment, the risks assessment done by all participating functions across the business organizations; engage in new opportunities, evaluations, and project reviews; maintain a risk register of turnkey execution challenges and mitigations; and communicate lessons learned to the business organizations.
- Have foresight of hidden risks, provide early identification and resolution of issues, and drive clear communication to ensure the best possible outcome.
- Partner with the Project Management Office Risk Director for the Project Execution phase Enterprise Risk evaluation process.
- Challenge status quo approach to project execution and drive effective best-in-class execution processes with focus on profitable growth, business strategy and customer value solutions.
- Travel to sites, as required, to resolve project issues and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Promote a culture of compliance to the Company's standard of global open reporting, highlighting team's key execution challenges and needed support, and build a cross-business community of Project Managers to support resolution of complex project issues.
- 15+ years of Project Execution experience in the Power Generation industry.
- 7+ years' experience at managing operationally large projects, with at least one project > $ 800MM.
- 7+ years' experience managing Project Managers/Directors.
- Global experience and mindset, including high cultural competence and sensitivity.
- Broad experience and expertise leading and managing the full EPC scope.
- Detailed knowledge of all aspects of turnkey EPC project execution (e.g., project controls, start up & commissioning, etc.).
- Strong influencing and relationship building skills at all levels including senior business leaders.
- Strong project management skills with experience in a matrix structure with multiple business environments.
- Strong project risk experience including experience in early stage commercial deals.
- Proven leader with the ability to influence and motivate a team to achieve success.
- Knowledge of project execution risks and financial processes.
- Strong commercial skills including estimating, cost control, subcontracting, change management, etc.
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated presentation skills and ability to succinctly communicate complex messages.
- Demonstrated ability to lead in an unstructured environment and deliver results.
- Demonstrates ownership and accountability, judgment and decision making, influences and inspires team, creates a vision and strategy, and has passion for the role.
- B.S. in Engineering or Construction Management (or related discipline).
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]