EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, INFRASTRUCTURE SALES CANADA
We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a Executive Director, Infrastructure Sales Canada. Our Client is a Fortune 500 company, is one of the world's leading publicly traded engineering, procurement, construction, maintenance, and project management firms. Active across six continents, the Company works with governments and multinational companies to design, build, and maintain many of the world's most complex and challenging projects. As a highly regarded industry leader in Canada, the Company serves the Infrastructure, Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Mining, and Nuclear Decommissioning market sectors. The Company's Infrastructure services in Canada include high-value project solutions for highways, roads, bridges, and transit rail using innovative project approaches and delivery methods.
The Executive Director, Sales will lead business development and sales efforts in Canada with responsibility to grow the company's Canadian market share and meet or exceed projected revenue goals.
This position will be located in Calgary, Canada (preferred) or Vancouver, Canada.The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Lead the strategic growth of the company's market position for complex, multibillion dollar infrastructure projects in Canada, including highways, roads, bridges, and transit rail.
- Identify, qualify, and vet key project pursuits that align with the Company's growth strategy and extensive track record of completing some of the world's largest and most complex projects.
- Apply consultative selling skills to develop attractive value propositions for strategic or large, complex Infrastructure opportunities in Canada.
- Develop customer focused and comprehensive project delivery solutions, including P3 delivery and design-build.
- Leverage a strong network of clients and potential joint venture partners, including Contractors, Engineering firms, Developers, Financiers, Operations, and Maintenance.
- Develop and maintain effective customer relationships with key senior-level decision makers and influencers in order to understand the customer's requirements, match them with the Company's solutions, and close the deal.
- Drawing upon technical expertise, direct the development of capture plans which conform to the region's business development strategy and technical capabilities.
- Define commercial terms and mitigate risk during the pursuit process.
- Negotiate favorable contract terms and conditions; manage achievement of cost of sales, as-sold margin and profit, backlog, and other related financial and business goals.
- Analyze situations, identify and forecast pertinent problems and evaluate realistic options; and recommend/implement appropriate course of action.
- Organize and prioritize a variety of complex projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities and meet critical time deadlines.
- Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, risk, ethics, and global standards.
- Adhere to and support the Company's HSE and Sustainability Policies.
- Travel required to attend to business related matters.
- Minimum of 15 years' experience within the Transportation Infrastructure market sector with minimum of 10 years in a business development capacity.
- Experience selling complex, multibillion dollar transportation projects in Canada, including highways, roads, bridges, and passenger rail.
- Strong understanding of the Canadian infrastructure market, including knowledge of client prospects and needs, as well as the competitive landscape with strengths and weaknesses of partner/competitor firms.
- Well-established network including strong client relationships and contacts for potential joint venture partnerships including Contractors, Engineering firms, Developers, Financiers, Operations, and Maintenance.
- Excellent communication and listening skills with the ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to senior management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success in project execution, client relationships and profitability.
- Proven leadership skills with a track record demonstrating strong ethics, integrity, and sound judgement.
- Ability to demonstrate keen strategic market insight, create and develop major infrastructure opportunities, influence market dynamics to favorably position the company, and skillfully navigate rapidly changing business climates.
- Industry experience cultivating best in class professional expertise, supporting a continuous professional development culture, and championing differentiated, integrated client solutions.
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner.
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]