CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER
We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a Chief Operations Officer. Our Client is a full-service engineering and consulting firm headquartered in the Northeastern U.S. with a proud legacy serving clients for over 50 years and a proven track record in the environmental, transportation, government, energy, real estate and construction management sectors. The Company's team is committed to developing effective, creative and timely strategies and solutions to achieve its public and private clients' business objectives. As a highly regarded firm, the Company is consistently recognized by national and local trade organizations for project excellence and is ranked in the top half of Engineering News Record's prestigious list of the "Top 500 Design Firms" in the United States.
This position will be located in the Northeastern United States.The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Provide strong leadership and employ a strategic approach focused on driving successful performance in the core areas of client service, project execution, personnel management, and profitability.
- Spearhead and drive strategic growth and profitability across the company's practices and regions.
- Lead and manage regional operations leaders across the organization's geographic footprint to ensure delivery of short and long-term performance and profit goals.
- Provide visible, compelling leadership focused on consistently improving operations and profitability while developing key managers and leaders within the company.
- Work closely with the support of the executive management team and the Board to communicate, direct, and implement the organization's vision, mission, operational policies, profitability objectives, and initiatives.
- Implement and adhere to all environment, safety and health regulations, procedures and best practices to ensure that employees are never injured.
- Ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative support, reporting procedures, and resources to effectively manage and grow the company.
- Demonstrate expertise in a variety of engineering and consulting concepts, practices, and business strategy.
- Leverage pre-existing business relationships within each geography and practice area to create new opportunities and attract new clients.
- Work closely with the CFO to leverage technology and evaluate operational performance with recommendations for improvement.
- Provide advice, guidance, and direction to regional operations managers toward their professional development.
- Lead by example and demonstrate a team approach to achieving goals.
- Coordinate and confer with professional staff to resolve operating issues and difficulties, and authorize operational procedures within the corporate framework.
- Instill a culture of performance excellence and individual accountability at all levels of the organization.
- Establish operational and/or performance goals which are aggressive, achievable, and meet or exceed long-term goals.
- Twenty-plus years of experience in the Engineering & Consulting industry, with at least five years' experience serving in an executive leadership capacity managing and growing a company or division.
- Recognized as an industry leader with a strong client focus, preferably within both municipal and private sector markets.
- Growth-oriented leader with the proven ability to develop and execute business strategies and a strong track record of leading a company or company division in growth.
- Must be a strong leader who is committed to results and strategically oriented to ensure profitable growth of the business.
- Ability to effectively work in a collaborative manner with a close-knit and dynamic, team oriented organization.
- Strong track record of growth and experience successfully managing an organization with profit and loss responsibility.
- Proven leadership skills with demonstrated successful experience managing staff, inspiring a team, and overseeing recruitment and retention.
- Impeccable track record for safety.
- Ability to strategize for growth, increase revenue, and evaluate processes and procedures with recommendations for improvement.
- In-depth knowledge of engineering and consulting services with the ability to develop and execute a solid strategy to increase market share within market sectors and regions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Planning (or related technical discipline).
- Master's Degree a plus.
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]