CHIEF LEGAL OFFICER
We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a Chief Legal Officer. Our Client is a global leader in full-service engineering, consulting, construction, and operations, providing services to a diverse spectrum of government, private and public utility, and commercial clients to plan, develop, and manage infrastructure and facilities. The company employs over 28,000 employees in regional offices worldwide and reported gross revenue of $7 billion dollars in 2012. As a highly regarded company, it is consistently ranked as one of the leading employers and repeatedly recognized as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" by Fortune Magazine.
The successful candidate will will serve as a strategic advisor and trusted confidant to the Chief Executive Officer, and will work closely with the executive team and the Board of Directors as a proactive business partner in the company's strategic mission. This position requires a highly respected attorney who combines an incisive legal mind with excellent judgment and keen business acumen. The successful candidate must possess extensive experience in assessing, anticipating and navigating legal and business issues, identifying risks and potential liabilities, and developing innovative solutions for domestic and international operations.
This position will be located in Englewood, CO.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop and lead corporate legal strategy to promote and protect the interests of the company on a domestic and international basis.
- Oversee delivery of legal services and resources to accomplish corporate goals, strategies and priorities, and drive overall business results in partnership with the Chief Executive Officer and executive team.
- Lead and manage a team of 100 attorneys and staff responsible for delivery of all legal services in a wide range of areas including, but not limited to, regulatory compliance, commercial transactions, risk management, contract administration, mergers & acquisitions, employment, fraud prevention and recovery, and litigation.
- Provide legal advice for all operational areas, including global practices, processes, contractual matters, and liabilities.
- Ensure that the company's contracts and agreements provide a competitive advantage and agility in the marketplace.
- Maximize efficiency of fraud and abuse investigatory and recovery activities, and minimize litigious risk for the organization.
- Engage in complex legal analysis and problem solving by identifying legal issues, synthesizing multiple legal requirements, applying analysis to facts presented, and presenting legal and business recommendations that enable the company to achieve its objectives while mitigating and/or eliminating legal risk.
- Prepare and file documents in accordance with SEC regulations.
- Establish and maintain credibility and trust with the company's leadership team and a wide range of business and corporate partners including, but not limited to, subcontractors, outside agencies, associates, and the executive team.
- Develop negotiation strategies in coordination with operations and, when appropriate, lead negotiations on behalf of the company.
Key skills and experience that our client desires include:
- 20+ years' experience as legal counsel in the EPC industry or related industries (i.e. industrial, chemical, metals, etc.).
- Extensive experience navigating complex legal issues on a corporate-wide basis impacting global operations.
- Record of exercising excellent judgment within large global organizations engaged in complex project delivery.
- Experience in the preparation of SEC filings and reports.
- Proven track record as a trusted advisor and confidant with exceptional judgment and the highest ethical standards.
- Significant legal experience in a company with both domestic and international operations, and a record of progressively responsible leadership positions.
- Unflappable, wise and creative.
- Strong critical and problem-solving skills based on a foundation of solid business and legal experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to engender trust and confidence.
- Knowledge and understanding of the engineering and construction industry (or related industrial market sectors), specifically as it relates to contract risk management, contract administration, and other legal considerations.
- J.D. degree.
- Member, American Bar Association
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]