CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a Chief Financial Officer. Our Client is a preeminent, large-project general contracting corporation and a highly regarded construction firm providing a full spectrum of preconstruction and construction services on a national basis. The company is recognized for high quality, speed of construction, industry-leading use of technology in construction, and expertise in building landmark projects. The company has worked on distinctive projects throughout California for marquis clients and has built numerous iconic and noteworthy projects.
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Financial Officer will report to the President and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, and project accounting functions. This position requires an outstanding financial leader capable of directing the organization in growth, strategy, and best business practices.
This position will be located in the Western Region of the United States.The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends in order to assist the CEO/President, the Board, and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Enhance and/or develop policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Maintain credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to solve business challenges.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Continually improve the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization, i.e. evaluation of potential alliances, acquisitions and/or mergers, pension funds, and investments.
- Oversee the current banking relationship.
- Coordinate planning with Vice President of Finance.
- Analyze current cash management, credit, and financing functions, and make recommendations for changes as needed.
- Administration of Insurance Captive - This shall include development of business opportunities, cost control, financial/tax analysis, and cost reporting. Coordinate activities with Legal, Broker, Carrier, and TPA.
- Tax - Oversee income tax planning, tax payments, and legal compliance and filings, including sales, payroll and property taxes. Coordinate with Vice President of Finance and Auditor.
- Insurance, Bonding and Workers Compensation - provide support to Legal on this risk management function as appropriate.
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan - Assume fiduciary responsibility for 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan, oversee and participate on the 401(k) Committee, and investigate best investment options and education for plan participants.
- Accounting Personnel - In conjunction with Vice President of Finance, analyze current staff and task assignments, and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Federal Work - Demonstrate familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations and compliance as it pertains to the financial and accounting function.
- 20+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in the construction industry.
- Demonstrated success in providing strategic financial leadership and management.
- Strong financial management skills and business acumen with a demonstrated track record in recognizing business finance and accounting changes that would impact the organization.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and at all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Ability to build trust with senior executives and obtain consensus on financial issues.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver effective presentations to management and external stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate among a diverse team.
- Superior analytical abilities, particularly with respect to strategic forecasting and financial analysis.
- Broad knowledge of, and experience in, financial accounting with working knowledge of rules and regulations.
- Skilled at managing people to achieve high performance from an organization.
- Proven track record as a trusted advisor and confidant with exceptional judgment and the highest ethical standards.
- High energy and visionary financial professional with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Proven track record of outlining and articulating financial priorities and developing strategies which advance these priorities within the acceptable limits of risk and exposure.
- Sound business judgment and skilled with using analysis and experience to make effective financial decisions.
- Experience and confidence in leading negotiations or providing analytical support to others when not the lead.
- Strong level of integrity with a highly developed personal value system fostering trust and credibility.
- Commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards, personal and professional integrity beyond reproach, and unquestioned discretion in maintaining confidentiality.
- Team player and leader who cultivates talent and encourages excellence.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting.
- MBA in Finance Preferred.
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]