BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR, CORPORATE CONSTRUCTION GROUP
We have been retained by our client to identify and recruit a Business Development Director, Corporate Construction Group. Our Client is a nationally-ranked and highly regarded commercial contractor with proven experience across multiple industries, including healthcare, retail, hospitality, manufacturing, distribution, education, office, industrial, detention, tenant improvement, and public facilities. As a proven market leader, the Company is consistently ranked as one of the top contractors in the United States. The Company has earned a strong reputation by creating lasting relationships with employees and customers, understanding and exceeding customer expectations, and entering every opportunity with a spirit of open communication, innovation and integrity.
The Business Development Director is responsible for developing and increasing revenue from the Company's national Corporate Client base. This key strategic role will develop client relationships and project opportunities with key corporate clients that have significant annual capital spending budgets. The position will be responsible for positioning the Company on a national basis to win work by developing strong relationships and securing key account work from corporate and privately held businesses throughout the U.S. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of business development including key account management, client penetration strategy plans, client relationship management, branding, proposal management, contract negotiation, deal structuring, and sales. This position requires an experienced business development leader with solid relationships and a strong track record growing a business focused on major Corporate Clients within the General Construction Sector.
This position location is still yet to be determined.The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- The primary responsibility of the Business Development Director position is to build and win key accounts with corporate clients that have consistent and significant annual spending budgets.
- Lead all sales activities, including, client identification and penetration, identifying and pre-qualifying leads, working on procurement strategies, developing proposals, closing deals, negotiating contracts, and managing ongoing client relationships during construction operations to ensure the Company is the constructor of choice. Key clients include major e-commerce, warehouse and distribution and/or manufacturing clients.
- Assume responsibility for the complete sales cycle, from prospect identification through project initiation.
- Ensure a consistent sales cycle in which new opportunities are continually identified along with a strategy to secure additional work.
- Apply consultative selling skills to develop attractive value propositions for key national client.
- Leverage a strong network of clients and related firms serving the Corporate build sector such as Architecture and Engineering firms that are serving the end customer.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities within and outside existing accounts.
- Work with project managers to ensure client reference ability.
- Utilize methods to foster growth to include, but not limited to: market research, client identification, business development/sales, utilizing corporate client strategy, branding and marketing.
- Use tact to promote, develop, and maintain relationships with vendors, owners, architects, and clients.
- Actively log and track client relationships through CRM software.
- Monitor and communicate client organizational changes and/or issues to project teams/management.
- At least 10 years of general construction business development/sales experience.
- Strong understanding of the Corporate Client sector on a national basis to include Ecommerce, Direct Retail, Distribution, and Manufacturing companies.
- Experience managing major accounts for the construction of major build programs focused on complex, sophisticated, high technology facilities (e.g., customized warehouse, distribution and fulfillment centers, advanced technology facilities, advanced manufacturing, etc.).
- Strong relationships and a deep, well-established network of decision maker contacts within the Corporate Client sector.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and motivated to produce superior results.
- Successful track record capturing work on a national basis.
- Experienced sales executive with established credibility in the industry.
- Strategic thought leader with a solid understanding of the market potential, competition, clients, forecasting, execution models, and how to capture work.
- Proven "closer" with a solid track record of successful projects and the ability to attract new business and penetrate key clients.
- Independent self-starter with the expectation of considerable travel (exceeding 50%) by land and air to build customer relationships.
- Proven ability to develop creative approaches to client penetration and developing win strategies with the ability to generate various workable solutions to a given problem.
- Ability to be persuasive and use appropriate methods and styles of communication to gain acceptance of an idea, plan, activity, or product.
- Strong integrity with a high standard of ethics, conduct, and organizational policies in job-related activities.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A team player with the ability to generate enthusiasm and support in associates.
Qualified, interested candidates may email or fax your resume to us:
Please indicate which position you are applying for by including full name of position. Your resume and all conversations will be held in strictest confidence. Thank you for your interest in CareerSMITH.
[Back to Current Opportunities]